The Global O-RAN (Open Radio Access Network) Market Reached US$ 450 Million In 2021
The report entitled “Global O-RAN Market” analyzes the market for ORAN globally, based on component connectivity technology, locations, end use, and region. A thorough market analysis contains a thorough historical, current, and forecast market analysis. RationalStat offers market share analysis market size, CAGR, and production capabilities of leading companies, Covid-19’s impact analysis, regional and international market strategy, competitive overview, opportunities assessment for the market, and key players in the O-RAN market analysis.
Global O-RAN Market Analysis and Dynamic:
The escalating government initiatives to facilitate the development of 5G networks are anticipated to boost the expansion of the O-RAN Market.
The global O-RAN market is anticipated to expand at a rate of approximately 9.3 percent over the 2022-2028 forecast. O-RAN technology has been driving innovation and commercialization through interoperable products or systems simple to integrate into operators’ networks and tested for different deployment scenarios.
- Factors that are affecting the expansion of the O-RAN market include the increasing use of data as a result of the rise of internet penetration, the integration of cloud computing and AI, the introduction of 5G infrastructure, etc. are likely to provide opportunities for the global O-RAN market over the next years.
- The increased momentum, coupled with the positive performance in the TCO (TCO) Open RAN developments could encourage more market acceptance that was not initially anticipated.
- Similar to the way government funds are geared towards the improvement of the RU/DU/CU (silicon and computer) technology, speeding up interoperability testing and rewarding users to adopt open RAN. Open RAN architecture could result in a favorable result.
- Additionally, the increase in pace, coupled with good performance and the overall Cost of Ownership (TCO) Open RAN developments will likely lead to a greater acceptance by the market.
Additionally, funding from the government targeted at improving technology for RU/DU/CU (silicon and computer) technology, speeding up testing for interoperability and rewarding users who use open RAN architecture Open RAN architecture could yield greater growth in the coming years.
Global O-RAN Market Segmental Analysis
- Based on the connectivity technology, 5G holds a dominant share as with technology maturity comes rising confidence, the Open RAN market for 5G will see trajectory growth in the upcoming years.
- Based on End-use, the BFSI segment holds a prominent share in the global O-RAN market owing to the increased cases of financial data loss.
- Based on region, Asia Pacific holds a prominent share of the global O-RAN market as various economies like Japan, India, and China have witnessed rapid adoption of O-RAN owing to various tax incentives offered by the government is expected to spur the Open RAN adoption.
Early adopters and deployment trials to drive the growth of the global O-RAN market in the upcoming years.
Due to the presence of many well-established companies in the global O-RAN market, there is intense competition in the global O-RAN market. The global O-RAN market is expected to witness growth in the forthcoming years as innovative features such as the RAN Intelligent controller (“RIC”) gain traction in the global O-RAN market.
Acquisitions, product launches, and business partnerships are the identified industry trend in the global O-RAN market. Key market players adopt various strategies in order to reinforce their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the market. These players adopt various strategies in order to reinforce their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the market.
- In April 2022, Fujitsu Network Communications announced its plan to support the Evenstar Open RAN program, Fujitsu Network Communications. The 5G huge MIMO (Multiple Input, Multiple Output) Radio Units will be provided by Fujitsu (RUs) and in order to enable O-RAN standardized interfaces, it will offer 3.5GHz RUs.
- In March 2022, Rakuten Symphony announced its collaboration with Qualcomm Inc. to develop a 5G radio unit with massive MIMO capabilities and distributed units. With high-performance O-RAN-compliant infrastructure items, this will also make it possible for the implementation of 5G networks to proceed more quickly.
Some of the prominent players that contribute significantly to the O-RAN market growth are Nokia Corp., Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Qualcomm Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Mavenir Systems Inc., NTT DoCoMo Inc., Sterlite Technologies Limited, Radisys Corp., Parallel Wireless Inc., Casa Systems Inc., VIAVI Solutions Inc., Fujitsu Ltd., and NXP Semiconductors among others.
RationalStat has segmented the global O-RAN market on the basis of component, connectivity technology, deployment location, end-use, and region.
- By Component
- Radio Unit
- Base Band Unit
- Others (Small Cells etc.)
- By Connectivity Technology
- 4G LTE
- By Deployment Location
- By End Use
- Public Infrastructure
- Aerospace & Defense
- Media & Entertainment
- Others (BFSI etc.)
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America
For more information about this report, click here.
About RationalStat LLC
RationalStat is an end-to-end US-based market intelligence and consulting company that provides comprehensive market research reports along with customized strategy and consulting studies. The company has sales offices in India, Mexico, and the US to support global and diversified businesses. The company has over 80 consultants and industry experts, developing more than 850 market research and industry reports for its report store annually.
RationalStat has strategic partnerships with leading data analytics and consumer research companies to cater to the client’s needs. Additional services offered by the company include consumer research, country reports, risk reports, valuations and advisory, financial research, due diligence, procurement and supply chain research, data analytics, and analytical dashboards.
Dorinda Erwin, Content and Press Manager
Phone: +1 302 803 5429