Check Your PNR Status Before Boarding A Train
It is essential to check the PNR status before you board the train. It gives information about the current status of the ticket, and can also be used to get the train name, date, and point of boarding along with the destination. The PNR number is declared on the ticket to obtain detailed information about the train status, booking confirmation, arrival and departure, and more. You can know the status of your waitlisted ticket through the PNR status checking app as well as Indian Train App. The PNR prediction indicated by Indian Train is 99% accurate as it’s backed by AI-integrated data analysis.
PNR Status Number and Its Importance for Indian Railway Passengers
The PNR and PNR status is notable terms when it comes to train travel, and both are the key to a pleasant train journey. PNR or Passenger Name Record is a unique 10-digit code that gives information about the passenger and the itinerary stored in the Indian Railways database maintained by the CRS (Central Reservation System).
Here are the details that the PNR number includes:
- The details of passengers like Name, Age, Gender, Birth
- Details of tickets like Train Number, Journey Date, From, To, Boarding Station, Reservation Up to, Class, Berth, Quota.
- The Transaction or Payment Details such as Transaction ID, Payment Mode, Ticket Charge.
- The first three digits of the PNR brief us from which Passenger Reservation System (PRS) the ticket has been booked.
- The starting digit of PNR numbers gives details about the Zone of the Train. The Number Code of Zone are:
- 1 for SCR Secunderabad PRS.
- 2, 3 for NR, NCR, NWR, NER New Delhi PRS.
- 4, 5 for SR, SWR, SCR Chennai PRS.
- 6, 7 for NFR, ECR, ER, ECoR, SER, SECR Calcutta PRS.
- 8, 9 for CR, WCR, WR Mumbai PRS.
Apart from three numbers, the last seven digits are randomly generated numbers. They only provide a unique identity to the PNR number.
Train Ticket PNR Status Checking Online
You can check PNR status online to see the comprehensive details about the train travel like station code, train schedule, train fare, number, and name of the train. Every PNR generated at the time of booking is unique for every passenger.
Indian Railway PNR Checking Through Rail App
To get the ticket status in real-time use the ticket PNR status checker App to get the information in a few seconds:
- Install and open the Indian Train App.
- Enter your PNR number.
- Click on the ‘Check PNR status’ tab.
- A page will open with the details of PNR status.
Railway Enquiries through SMS or Phone:
To check Indian railway PNR status, type in PNR as follows:
- SMS PNR along with your 10-digit PNR number send to 139.
- Call 139 Railway Enquiry Number and follow the voice command.
If you do not have the internet, ticket PNR status checking can be done on mobile through call anytime.
- Call on 139 Indian railways inquiry number
- Choose your preferred language.
- Press 1 for PNR status which will tell you to enter your 10-digit PNR number.
Where is the PNR Number Mentioned on the Ticket?
PNR number is on the top left corner of your ticket. In the case of e-tickets, the top-left cell is in the printed ticket. If your train tickets are booked online, then the PNR number is also present in your mail sent by the IRCTC website.
What Is a PNR Prediction?
PNR prediction is an attribute for passengers with RAC or waitlisted tickets. It involves AI analytics to predict the PNR status. It gives an idea about the confirmation probability of the ticket. Whenever you get to see the waiting list for the ticket you are booking, you must check the PNR prediction. If PNR prediction is about the percentage or shown in green, then you must proceed to book the ticket. But it denotes that the ticket will be confirmed. Indian railway PNR checking through Indian Train App is very easy and displays accurate results.
What Should I do, if I Have Lost My PNR Number?
If your ticket was an e-ticket, then go to the “Booked History” option to retrieve your ticket. But if you lose the physical copy of your ticket, then visit any nearest PRS and notify the Chief Reservation Supervisor with your ID proof. A duplicate ticket will be issued in case of your confirmed ticket.
What are RAC and WL Ticket Status?
RAC ticket means that you get a half-seat and will have to share the berth with another passenger. The probability of getting a confirmed seat is high for RAC ticket holders because of the last-minute cancellations. You might get a confirmed full-berth if the passenger with a confirmed ticket cancels their ticket or fails to board the train.
WL means waitlist ticket. A WL ticket is not confirmed and will only be confirmed if a passenger with a confirmed seat cancels their ticket. The waitlisted ticket will automatically get canceled if it doesn’t get approved. You must know that if your ticket is on the waiting list, then you should check your PNR updates at regular intervals to know if your ticket has been confirmed or not. Always use an authorized app or official website for IRCTC PNR status checking before you board the train.
What Are Some Abbreviations Mentioned in Railway Ticket?
RAC – Reservation Against Cancellation.
CNF – Confirmed Train Ticket.
CAN – Canceled Ticket.
WL – Waitlist Ticket.
GNWL – General Waitlist Ticket.
TQWL – Tatkal Waitlist Ticket.
PQWL – Pooled Quota Waitlist Ticket.
RLWL – Remote Location Waitlist Ticket.